We are pleased to announce that we have a few breakout session slots open and you are invited to submit your proposal to be a presenter at our 2018 National Conference. The theme is HOW TO SPEAK, HOW TO LISTEN: Thriving through the Art of Conference.
We appreciate your interest in helping us strengthen this professional learning opportunity and look forward to receiving your submission.
The theme for our 2018 Conference grew out of the many inquiries we have received regarding how educators can help their students—and themselves—listen better so as to engage in civil dialogue. Of equal importance, these ideas flow directly from the core of the Paideia philosophy.
The National Conference, to be held at the Chattanooga Convention Center, will feature several key speakers, a number of breakout sessions focusing on ideas related to the overall theme and, of course, a Conference seminar. For more about the Conference itself, click here.
- You may submit no more than two (2) different proposals for 2018 National Paideia Conference. Each proposal must have a different title and focus. Session title should have a direct connection to key Paideia components.
- Session descriptions should include how content is strongly connected to the theme of “How to Speak, How to Listen.” It would strengthen your case by having some type of launch activity or debrief that shares a skill which supports and advances active listening.
- You may identify (1) additional co-presenter in your application form.
- Presenters at National Paideia Conference are expected to use material and language that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, or sexual orientation.
- Presenters must either own the content they are planning to present or have permission from its owner to share it at the 2018 National Paideia Conference.
Apply here: Call for Presenters Form
Thank you for your interest in presenting your great work with us. We look forward reviewing your proposal and seeing you in Chattanooga, Tennessee, this fall. Acceptance notifications will be e-mailed by Friday, September 14th, 2018. If your presentation is selected, you will be granted a reduced conference registration fee of $500. In addition, you will receive a ticket to our exclusive presenter’s outing.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeremy Spielman, NPC Assistant Director: 828-712-7862 or [email protected]